Trethowans LLP, a limited liability partnership, incorporated in England and Wales with registered number OC342356 and with registered office address at London Road Office Park, London Road, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP1 3HP (“Trethowans“, “we” and “us“) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how Trethowans will treat it.
Information Trethowans may collect from you
Trethowans may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.thefamilylawsolicitors.co.uk (the “Website“). This includes information provided if you are subscribing to our services, posting material or requesting further services. If you contact us, Trethowans may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Trethowans may also ask you to complete surveys that Trethowans use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, and other communication data and the resources that you access.
Trethowans may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information for internal purposes only. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, Trethowans may obtain information about your general usage of the Website by using a cookie which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Usage information helps Trethowans to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies Trethowans use are essential for the Website to operate.
Where Trethowans store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Trethowans will use reasonable endeavours to protect your personal data, Trethowans cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once Trethowans has received your information, Trethowans will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
Trethowans use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which Trethowans feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our products and services and/or to provide you with information about our products and services which may be of interest to you.
- To correspond with you by letter, telephone or e-mail.
- To share your details with other professional third parties (including but not limited to accountants, consultants and other professionals) for the purpose of organising events or seminars that may be of interest to you.
- To understand your legal needs, to improve the service we deliver to our clients and to conduct statistical analysis to evaluate the effectiveness of our marketing of the Website.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or change your mind, please contact us or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclosure of your information
Trethowans may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that Trethowans sell or buy any business or assets, in which case Trethowans may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Trethowans sells all or substantially all of its assets to a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its clients will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask Trethowans not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. Trethowans will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if Trethowans intend to use your data for such purposes or if Trethowans intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms Trethowans use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us or sending email to email@example.com
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that Trethowans do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information Trethowans hold about you.
Issue: May 2012