The Family Team at Trethowans are specialists in the field, providing advice on a wide range of family law issues. From helping you resolve financial matters or the arrangements for your children without court, to helping you navigate highly contested disputes or fine-tuning an agreement already reached, we pride ourselves on being empathetic and practical.
You may need advice upon divorce or on associated financial matters. Alternatively, you may require assistance with a child case, be it a dispute over contact, where a child should live.
Whether you are married or not, a parent, grandparent or other interested party, Trethowans are here to assist you.
We can help with
- Divorce and civil partnership dissolution; advice on the procedure and the implications at each stage and drafting the necessary paperwork on your behalf;
- Financial arrangements; consideration of the financial side of a divorce is particularly important. It may involve your home, savings, pensions or belongings. You may be entitled to or have to pay maintenance. We can advise on all of these issues;
- Advice for separating couples who are not married, including drafting Separation Agreements and conducting Trust of Land Act proceedings in cohabitation disputes;
- Drafting cohabitation agreements and pre and post-marital agreements to ensure the protection of assets;
- Children Act proceedings and negotiations; providing advice on applications for Child Arrangements Orders, Prohibited Steps Orders, Specific Issue Orders and the exercise of parental responsibility;
- Injunction proceedings, including applications for Non-Molestation Orders and Occupation Orders or for the protection of wealth.
All members of the Team subscribe to the Resolution code of conduct, ensuring the guidance given promotes an early settlement and alternative dispute resolution. We aim to alleviate the stress that many of our clients will be facing by our conciliatory and practical approach and ensure that our clients are made to feel at ease during the process. We are proud of the fact that we are approachable and forward thinking, providing straightforward explanations for our clients. We understand that no two scenarios are the same and we always cater for the individual and provide tailored advice to suit the specific situation.
The Family Team is part of the wider Private Client Services Group at Trethowans and accordingly can provide support in relation to wealth management and assets planning for the future as well as will drafting and Inheritance Act claims.
As part of our commitment to you our approach is to identify the key problems, outline possible solutions and refer you to family therapists and independent financial advisors when necessary.
With offices in Salisbury, Southampton, Poole and Winchester, we have a team of experienced practitioners who can advise and assist you through this difficult time.